Hi everyone! Welcome to Jade's Two Scents! It's my weekly vlog where we discuss stuff on my mind... Usually related to candles, bath bombs, jewelry, or just plain old relaxing!
Today I want to share a little recipe with y'all... It's Jade's famous Coffee Sugar Body Scrub. Self care is SO important, and this is a fun way to take care of yourself with ingredients you probably have laying around the house... This little scrub is going to gently exfoliate your skin, especially during these dry, winter months. The caffeine in the coffee also works to tighten and smooth out your skin, which helps with cellulite!
Ready to make the scrub? Here's what you'll need:
- 1/2 cup of coffee grounds - 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
That's it... It really is that simple! Watch my video to find out how to put it all together - it's super easy to make :)
And as always... Remember to TRIM YO' WICKS!!
- Combine the coffee grounds and the brown sugar in a large mixing bowl - pro tip: use a big bowl so you have enough room to combine all the ingredients with no mess! A wooden spoon helps too.
- Warm up the coconut oil before you pour it in! If the oil is too cold, the sugar scrub will be more of a "butter." Don't be afraid to experiment with the amount of coconut oil, too! If you want a dry scrub that stays together more, use less oil. If you really want to moisturize, add a bit more oil. It's totally up to you and your personal preferece.
- Last but not least, put in your vanilla extract. Any brand will work; it just adds a bit of extra sweetness to the mix (and the irresistible smell of vanilla to your bod).
- Mix it all together with your wooden spoon... And, all of a sudden, you're ready to exfoliate! I recommend using the scrub about twice a week - just enough to feel rejuvenated, refreshed, and moisturized.
- For an added bougie touch, find a cute little jar that you can put the remainder of your scrub in and seal it up for your next use!
While you're exfoliating with your coffee scrub... Don't forget to light up your favorite Jackpot Candles scent. For Jade's Faves this week, I wanted to focus on absolute relaxation. Lavender is the PERFECT spa-like scent for a night of self-care. It has notable stress-relieving qualities. Anxiety? Stress? WHO IS SHE? I've never met her! Sink into the tub with one of our fizzy bath bombs and feel your problems melt away. We use a special blend of oils, butters, and essential oils that will leave you feeling exceptionally smooth in both mind and body when you leave the tub. Don't forget to light your candle before you get in the tub for a bit of crackling, wood wick ambiance.
Let's talk about this month's In Crowd Monthly Club as well! We've got MYSTIC LOVE for you in February - a deep, rich purple candle (a la our best-selling Mystery candle) and a cosmic purple bath bomb. The candle is hibiscus-scented, a mixture of enlivening tropical and floral aromas that will leave you feeling upbeat and sunny. The bath bomb is... You guessed it, LAVENDER scented, for the ultimate relaxation experience. They both come with the Jackpot Candles jewelry you've come to love... A surprise ring in the candle and an amazing, purple crystal pendant made with real Swarovski crystals. I'm absolutely IN LOVE with the necklace this month. Remember, all of our monthly club items are LIMITED EDITION, sign up now so you don't miss out!
Not sure how Jackpot Candles works? Each one of our products comes with a jewelry surprise... Sometimes you'll know what it is (like this month's cosmic purple necklace), but other times, it will be a ring valued anywhere from $15 to $5000. How do you know what your ring is worth? We've got an appraisal page built right into our website. Find the tag attached to your ring and enter the code into the appraiser on our web site. You'll find out right away what your new ring is worth!
Make sure to tune in Wednesday nights at 6 pm EST for some FACEBOOK LIVE giveaway fun with Jade!!