IT'S FRIDAY!!! You know what time it is! This is JADE'S TWO SCENTS,it's my weekly Jackpot Candles vlog where I talk about anything that's on my mind... Which is usually some combination of the best scented candles; the fizziest bath bombs; amazing jewelry surprises; rest & relaxation tips; or any combination of anything I just said.
Last week, we were discussing rainy day weather. Whenever it's rainy and stormy here in Buffalo, I like to get creative. One of my suggestions was to organize a drawer or a closet... And since I already organized my closet off-camera (oops), I thought I'd take that idea a step further!
Today we're going to make a DIY drawer organizer. Let's organize together!
- A messy drawer that needs organizing
- A cardboard box (any size will do, as long as it's roughly the size of the drawer) - A box cutter - A marker, pen, or other writing utensil
- Cut the box into strips that are roughly the size of the drawer. For me, I chose four strips. I tried five, but four seemed to make some more sense size-wise... Go with the flow!
- Set the cardboard strips up roughly where you want them in the drawer. Use the marker to note where they will intersect.
- Using your marker marks as a guide, use the box cutter to cut two (2) slits in each piece of carboard. Cut until you've reached about halfway through the divider. It will take a little finagling, but I believe in you!
- Customize the organizer to your needs. I needed to fit my wick trimmer and my pens in the drawer, so I cut one side off. It's that easy!
Now I have spots for everything! My pens; my wick trimmer; my lipstick; my scrunchies... Even my Christopher David Vitamin C Serum! Honestly - this one is best WATCHED and not read about. Check out my vlog above to see exactly how I organized my stuff.
Alright, alright. You know deep down that we're a candle company, so let's talk a little bit about some exciting new products! Father's Day is coming up, so you know we have to mention our Bacon candle. This is a first for us - a Jackpot Candles candle made explicitly for the men in your life! Our Bacon BBQ candle is the perfect accent for any man cave, garage, or basement (and in the rest of the house too, it smells AMAZING) and it comes with a personalized dog tag that dad can enjoy long after his Bacon candle has burnt away. Check it out, it's the perfect gift for that dad who already has EVERYTHING - Father's day is coming up soon. Also... It's June, which means it's PRIDE month! We wanted to put together something special in honor of this very important holiday, so we created our Be True, Be You candle! This champagne-scented colorful and fun candle comes with the ring jewelry surprise you've come to know and love from Jackpot Candles. Last but not least - I want to mention our Siren's Song Monthly club for June. I am OBSESSED with this candle - it's got aquatic vibes for this pre-summer heatwave weather, plus a shell-shaped bath bomb for you to relax and unwind after a day spent in the summer heat. This one comes with a ring surprise, plus a super-cute shell/starfish pendant that will look amazing as it sparkles in the summer sun!
I hope you loved my DIY drawer organizer tutorial... But now let's take it to the next level. I want to see your before and after drawer progress. What do you keep in your freshly organized drawer? Is it for candle storage, jewelry storage, art supplies... I just have to know! If it's beautiful, take a before/after (or just an after) of your new drawer and send it to the Jackpot Candles Instagram DMs. For that matter.. Send us ANYTHING Jackpot Candles related to our DMs! We love to see what you do with your candles and the amazing ring reveals y'all put together. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Make sure to tune in Wednesday nights at 6 pm EST for some FACEBOOK LIVE giveaway fun with Jade!!